Monday, February 18, 2008

I Need Some Advice!!!!

Mamie for language class Mrs. O'donnell has an extra credit assignment that I'm trying to do. We were given the choice between two poems that we must memorize and recite to her. I picked one by Robert Service called "The Cremation of Sam Mcgee." I was wondering what you think would be the best way to memorize it. It has like 16 stanzas. I figured I could wrtie each stanza on a notecard and learn it one stanza at a time. How do you think I should approach learning it?

2 comments:

katiesbigsister said...

Hey kate,
I think the notecards sound good. Also, putting it by a mirror, like printed out in the bathroom, to practice reciting when you`re in there works really well. Also just trying to memorize the important words of each line, and if there is rhyme, the order that each word rhymes with the next. That way, all you have to do is remember the preposition or phrase in between. I am horrible at memmorizing and I always need to just re-write the poem over and over. A poem of 16 stanzas is a very difficult task. Make sure it is a poem you will want to know forever-- make it count¡ Good luck. xoxoxoxoxox

elusterman said...

hey katie,
this is lyzy!

this summer you promised to email me about your swimming progress and you never did! hahaha

Are we Alcatraz-ing this summer, dude? You should write me an email and tell me all about how you've been lately- and I will write back and tell you a story about how my mom turned into Larry David by accident :)

(e_lusterman@yahoo.com is my addresss)